Location: Surry Hills, Sydney. Some remote working from home arrangements will be in place during COVID-19
Title: Tenancy Manager
Duration: Full Time, Fixed-Term contract until 31 August 2021, with potential extension
Remuneration: Level 4 of the SCHADS Award
Industry / Sector: Community Housing
Deadline: 9am on Monday 25 January
About the organisation
The Women’s Housing Company (WHC) Limited is a specialist provider of housing and homelessness services to women with and without children. With over 35 years of history, experience and commitment, the WHC has grown and expanded its services to provide crisis, transitional, social and affordable housing across Sydney, the Hunter and Coffs Harbour. The WHC is a Tier 1 Community Housing Provider, registered under the National Regulatory System for Community Housing, is a company limited by guarantee and operates as a registered charity.
Collaboration. Integrity. Courage. Respect. Focus.
What we offer
- Job satisfaction working as part of a team making a difference to people's lives in an organisation that cares about people
- Generous salary packaging benefits
- In addition to excellent learning and development opportunities, as a large purpose driven organisation we provide potential to grow your career across a range of teams and services
- Supportive, friendly and values driven team environment and culture
About the role
The Tenancy Manger is responsible for providing exceptional customer service in relation to all aspects of tenancy management for an allocated portfolio of properties and tenancies in accordance with relevant legislative and contractual requirements and within the guidelines of the Women’s Housing Company (WHC) policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated residential tenancy / property management experience in private Real Estate or in Social Housing Sector
- Understanding of the NSW Residential Tenancies Act
- Commitment to sustaining tenancies by assessing capacity and changing needs and facilitating referrals to relevant support services
- Demonstrated achievement of high levels of tenant satisfaction through timely and appropriate responses to tenant enquiries, complaints and grievances for mutually beneficial outcomes
- Achievement of financial targets through the effective management of lease signings and renewals, rent assessments and reviews, rent and non-rent arrears, former tenant debt and vacant property processes
- Commitment to enhanced community and tenant engagement programs by promoting and supporting the implementation of relevant programs throughout the portfolio
- Demonstrated compliance to operational and workplace policies and procedures, regulatory and legislative obligations, including timely and accurate recording of tenant information in relevant IT system(s)
- Extremely well organised, strong attention to detail and can-do attitude
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with autonomy and as an effective team member, with a commitment to a building supportive and collaborative team culture.
- Confidence and capacity to learn and effectively use various computer systems
- NSW Driver’s License
- Mandatory National Criminal History Check
- Being female is a genuine occupational requirement for this position under the NSW Anti-Discrimination Act 1977
- Certificate IV in Social Housing
- Certificate IV in Property Services (Real Estate) or a related field
- Real Estate License
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the needs of social housing tenants
Provide your resume and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria, describing your experience, passion and ability to be successful in this position via the 'apply now' button or submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org. All enquiries should be made to Emma Bonehill on 02 8202 9305.
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.